Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Stadium Craft Better in Cans.


Recently I attended a Dodger game at Dodger Stadium on a Friday night. Of course beer was on the agenda, and I was pleasantly surprised to see not just the usual Bud Light and BudMillerCoors " craft " offerings like Shocktop and Blue Moon, but actual local craft offerings in beer stands without long lines.
And it turns out that I like to drink craft beer in 16oz cans at a ball game. The beer stays cold, it is easier to walk to your seat with a full one or two, and you know there is a straight line from the canning line to your mouth.

My first libation was Grandma's Pecan Brown Ale from the Dudes Brewery in Torrance. It went perfectly with my bag of peanuts. Nutty and fresh.

Next up was a Cabrillo Kolsch from Golden Road Brewing in Los Angeles (I don't always go from light to dark, so sue me). It was refreshing and paired with my veggie dog, I was one happy fan.

Yes the price is more than what we used to pay when we were in college in San Diego, sitting in $2.50 bleacher seats, drinking dollar beers and yelling at the opposition outfielders, but we all were younger and more foolish back then.

Salud!

If you know of anybody who needs help finding space for a brewery in the Los Angeles or Orange County, please let me know.
mikelanz81@gmail.com     626 826 5586

No comments:

Post a Comment